Saturday 16 March 2013

A buy that changed my life #2

This weeks buy is actually 2 buys! Both from the VO5 'Give Me Texture' range. As someone with rather a lot of thick, heavy hair, I'm always looking for products to give me a bit of 'oomph'. I actually first purchased both of these in January but having replaced my empties this week I though I'd let you in on their magic! The 2 that I have are the 'Dry Texturising Spray' and the 'Instant Oomph Powder'.



(apologies for the sketchy photos - Caroline's off out with the camera so I'm making do with my phone)

The spray claims that it gives 'sexy, undone hair that's easy to achieve'. It comes out much like dry shampoo, and to an extent achieves the same refreshing effect. But it also works to separate layers in your hair and give grip, texture and a matte look to your locks. I use it a lot when I've styled my hair into beachy waves or curls and to help keep my fringe looking fresh and clean, but its also handy to use before I put my hair up to get rid of the slipperyness that comes with freshly washed hair. 

Basically its dead handy and pretty cheap too, I can't get enough, you can grab some from Boots or Superdrug.


The powder is a bit weird; not in a bad way, just in a 'takes some getting used to' way!
It claims to give 'extra texture and instant volume' and boy does it! A wee sprinkle of this magic stuff in your roots rubbed in (or backcombed if you want it massive) and you've got all the volume you could want. Now be warned, it feels pretty gross when you rub it it, kinda sticky but dry at the same time, but it really does the trick, I can't recommend it enough. Again its great for wearing my hair up or down and really gives my hair grip. Love it.

Also very reasonably priced, and it lasts aaages for such a teeny pot, you can get it at Boots or Superdrug.

Oh, and they both smell AH-MAY-ZING. Let me know what yo think!!






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment